Friday 14 March, 2008

Long live the queen

Madame Tussaud's Hong Kong
Picture Credit : Me


It's strange how life has it's ups and downs and when you are down it seems things would ever look up and bam it hits you and you are on the top again (no pun intended) :-)
This week started on a not so high point for me. I wrote about how I was feeling low and now as it turns out I feel really blessed and happy. I ended you reconciling with a friend who shall not be named (on his request). He doesn't like my talking about him on the blog. It is such a blessing to have been given a second chance in life because that rarely happens. Things took such a u-turn and now I am going to travel to Melbourne to see him the week after Easter. I also heard from a few friends in India who I hadn't heard from since I came here and I was missing them. Two of them are getting married this year so that was good news in a way and one needs to talk to me and she is someone I was counseling about a toxic relationship that she was in. I know I am no genius as regards relationships but I reckon I can give pretty decent advice when I am not a part of the problem. I guess she too may be on a crossroad of letting go of the relationship and try to meet someone decent and get married and that is what she wanted to talk about. I got her into trouble once because her dickhead boyfriend thought I and she was having an affair. If only I could have told him that is the wrong sex and I swing the other way. But in India that could have been a problem so I didn't, I just wrote an honest mail to the guy and as it is I was leaving work so things worked out for the best I guess.
Now coming to the title of the post. It seems like today was a day of the land of the Queen in my life. I went to book tickets for Melbourne and the guy at the travel agency was an Irish guy who shall be known as Mr O'. He was cute beyond words and just perfect. Beautiful blue eyes, long hair, some body hair and the cutest smile. I found my first crush in Sydney. Now only if I could tell him that!!! But I don't see that happening so I going to let it be a crush. I have his email though and I could send him a mail of appreciation about his work. But that would be so lame because the poor guy wasn't very good at his work. He was perpetually confused and always asking his colleagues for help with everything. He took about an hour and a half to book the flight and print the tickets and in normal circumstances that would have driven me up the wall but all I did was sit there look at him and keep smiling like a teenage girl!!!
After that I went for a haircut and after the debacle I had with my last haircut I decided to go to a new salon pay a lot more but get a decent stylist. As it would turn out I got one who was British and had moved to Sydney from London just about two weeks back. She was really good and knew what she was doing. She was also very chatty just the way I like my hair stylist. I hope she stays put in the salon long cause I really like her and what she did to my hair. It's such a pain finding a stylist you can trust your hair with and having found her I don't wanna look anymore (that sounds so corny)!!! You can blame the endorphins for my strange behaviour today.


Realize by Colbie Caillat (a sweet video to my current fav song, Bubbly by the same artist is very good too)
Video uploaded by jeffcc86

No comments: