Wednesday 19 March, 2008

I miss you mommy...

Today is the first day that I cried since I have arrived in Sydney. It wasn't that I was sad and stuff. I was just downloading some music and stuff and ended up listening to a song from an Indian movie called 'Taare Zameen Par'. The movie is about a child and how because he is 'different' from the other children he is put in a boarding by his parents. I had heard great reviews about the movie but didn't see it before leaving India because I knew I'd cry bucket loads of tears if I went to the theater to watch it as I'd be able to relate to it at so many levels.
I was put in a boarding school when I was 5 and stayed there for about the next 11 years. It was an experience that I rather not remember because it brings back some really dark memories. I was listening to the song and it gave me goosebumps and tears started to roll down my eyes. I started to feel choked but I didn't turn it off because I wanted to feel the emotion. I feel I am emotionally very sterile so at moments like these I want to live the experience. It makes me feel alive. I would want to translate the lyrics of the song for the non-hindi speaking readers but it would be a bit traumatic for me listening to it again. So I am just going to post the video and maybe translate it sometime later.
P.S. It's strange how a mother's heart knows even when she is far far away. Within five minutes of my so called 'breakdown' Mum called!!! I feel better now!!



Maa from the movie Taare Zameen Par
Video Uploaded by naveenmacs

2 comments:

BB said...

What a beautiful video!! Loved it. Long time no speak. Hope you are well.

Dervish said...

Thanks Sy. Just caught up with Sydney and it's works. It's nice to hear from you. Plz stay in touch!!