Monday 24 March, 2008

A taste of the Country

I don't know what the reason is but of late I haven't felt like blogging. Maybe it's because of the blogs that I have bee reading of late and they all seem to me to be very narcissistic and voyeuristic and that had made me wonder if that is what my blogs looks like to the readers. And also I haven’t been motivated enough to write about anything. It’s not like there haven’t been things happening but somehow the motivation seems to have fizzed out.
Anyways I have made some great acquaintances and friends through the blog like Calvin, JB, Mr Hyde, and Garfield and I owe it to the blog to give it a chance and in case I feel the same then maybe say goodbye to this part of my life. I could blog only once in a while but that way the readers wouldn't be expecting me to write and I wouldn’t feel guilty on not having blogged.
This weekend has been about the country and all things country. After having stayed in the city of Sydney and the suburbia for a little over two months I had my first taste of the country (not literally you dirty minds). To begin with I went to see the Royal Easter Show. I though I had seen a bit of country in India when I visited my cousins in the village during the vacations but I was in for a surprise. From seeing pastel coloured pigeons, chickens with afros, really strange cocks (no pun intended), ducks, angora goat and oversized cows. It did hold up to the hype about the country coming to the city.
The next day we took a trip to the Hunter Valley. I really liked the drive and to saw the ‘real’ country with the farmhouses, barns, horses and cows. The first vineyard we visited was Tempus Two and was it impressive or what!! Nothing we saw thereafter could surprise the Helicopter ride, Bentley, Audi and classy tasting room at Tempus. To me it seemed like the ‘Apple’ (as in Steve Jobs) of wines with all the great marketing and hype. Theother two vineyard we wet to were McGuigans and Lindemans which were rather ordinary except for the cheese tasting session at McGuigan. The extended weekend thus was interesting and entertaining thanks to my saviour from boredom Garfield.
This thursday I leave for Melbourne. Lets see if it holds up to the description I have got from people of it being more sophisticated, fashionable and classy than Sydney. I like Sydney so I am biased but lets see if Melbourne can convert me ;-) !!!



Royal Easter Show and Hunter Valley

2 comments:

Single Guy said...

Glad to hear you are still writing! we must catch up again...been doing a course so I'm super busy.

Dervish said...

Thanks for the comment. Looking forward to catching up with you sometime after you finish with your course!!