Friday 4 April, 2008

My Last Supper

Translation : Never trust a thin chef!! (I guess that is what most people are going to be saying about me!?!)
Picture Credit : leftonthebed

It seems like I am getting settled in Sydney at last and starting to love it more so after my trip to Melbourne. I have started to form a new family in Australia of new found friends and acquaintances. One thing that I feel bad about is not updating this blog regularly. I feel I am loosing touch with the wonderful relationships I have formed through this medium. I hope I can keep the inspiration to write this blog running.
The next thing on the agenda is to look for a job. The only time that I have worked before this way in India when I worked for Dell. But that would be very different from working in hospitality especially in the kitchen. While Dell was more of mental stress working in the kitchen is more about physical stress and ability to multi task and work in a team. That is what is a bit unnerving to me and also the idea of going around dropping my resume which has no experience or education in the field of hospitality. I have my fingers crossed and am trying to get in touch with my sparse social network in Sydney asking them tips and references about finding a job. The last time I worked my folks thought I would get fed up and leave real soon but the thing is that when I am challenged I go to great lengths to prove my mettle.
Let's see how it works out. I have my fingers crossed and you never know very soon one of you may walk into a restaurant or bakery where yours truly is honing up his skills towards a future that seems like a distant dream at the present.

There is an interesting work by a photographer called Melanie Dunea called My Last Supper in which she asked some famous chefs from all over the world if they had a choice what would be their last meal on earth. I saw it on display at the Crown in Melbourne and thought it was rather interesting. What would be your last meal on earth?? Mine would be chana (chickpeas) and bahture (fried bread) and Kheer (rice and milk pudding) prepared by mum.

2 comments:

Single Guy said...

definately keep writing! you are a great writer and have great insights buddy! good luck with the job hunt...there are lots of jobs in hospitality.

Dervish said...

Thanks JB!!
I hope to keep writing too. Let's see what kinda job comes thru! I have my fingers crossed.