Monday 14 July, 2008

The elusive 'love'

"Love" how would you define the feeling? In this world we use the word so loosely and as an all encompassing description for a plethora of emotions. If you remember the ecstasy and pain of being in 'love' you would know what I am getting to. Love is far too strong an emotion to be experienced so often. I know that I have been in love just once and that it was amazing. There were some good times and memories and then there was this pain which was so bad that I would have rather died then see the next daylight. Since then the feeling has never been that strong. It seems like it all stops at the skin and has never been able to go any deeper. I am not saying that I haven't met anyone after that. I have met some amazing people but I have never been able to get to the point where I have started to 'love' them.
In the past few months I have had a few people profess their love for me and maybe the feeling that they are experiencing is intense and strong enough to be called 'love' but I feel that all the love and tears inside me have become dormant and I don't know if I'd ever be able to feel once again.
....to find the beloved
one must have faith....

I don't know why I am writing this or if it even makes any sense but I just needed to get all this out of my system. And if YOU are reading this blog please know that I am damaged and I don't think I can 'love' again and I hope you find someone who can love you unconditionally and madly because that is what you are worth.


Video Credits : Typecast releasing

This is a movie called Bab Aziz by Nacer Khemir that I have been dying to watch. I have heard the soundtrack and it is amazing. Does anyone know if this movie is available in Australia?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love is something stupid that ever exist in this universe. You can be spoiled by its sweet yet it could break you into pieces.


Dervish, never say 'no' to love. He would come just straight onto your feet. Hold you and never let you go. Don't let yourself drown by the memories of love from the past. Love is like a book. There's always a new chapter after one chapter. Keep read each chapter of it!



with love,

neverever land's man

Anonymous said...

yep, you need to have faith...

and i'm happy enough for having the faith to be one of your friends.

:)

i agree with mr neverever land's man... never say no to love.

it's LOVE that makes me still standing until now.

Your Macq University Village friend

Single Guy said...

Love is the answer! love is not easy...it's hard to get it and hard to stay in love but it is good when you are in love. I have been lucky to experience is 2 times in my life!

I'm not sure if that movie is available in Australia. I got your text messages. I came back to Sydney yesterday...so we can meet up sometime soon.

Gabriel said...

let's just say that when the time comes you will know it. perhaps that's not the love for you. try to keep an open mind to possibilities.

Anonymous said...

I think at this time it's bit hard to find love!!! Everybody are looking for love! Where is the LOVE????



neverever land's man

Dervish said...

Thanks JB for your insights will wait to hear from you about the meet up.

Gabby what you say does make sense but I guess when you are in the middle of the madness your brain stops to function.

Thanks neverevr land man.